Do you want journaling to become a part of your life, but you’re not sure where to start? These 15 journal prompts for self discovery will help you start.
Journal prompts may have various purposes.
Things to Write About
Here are various things to write about and purposes journals contain:
They can be about:
- Building your confidence and self esteem
- Providing a sense of clarity
- Reducing anxiety
Regardless of the purpose, all journal prompts make you think.
Why would I want this? You may ask. Don’t I already have a lot going on in my head?
Yes, and we all do.
But by answering tough questions you start taking responsibility not only for your actions but also for your emotions and beliefs. It’s so much easier to be a victim and blame others for what happens in your life than to take full responsibility for everything that happens in it.
Today we are focusing on the self discovery prompts and getting to know yourself.
Journaling for self discovery can help you realize your limiting beliefs and work on them. I strongly believe that by practicing, you can lead a more meaningful and fulfilling life!
Related: 30 Ideas For Self Care Routine
15 Journal Prompts For Self Discovery
Below are the self discovery questions to ask yourself at least once a month.
Click HERE to save them for later.
- This is one thing I would do if I knew that nobody would judge me…..
- Where am I putting in a lot of energy?
- What do I need more in my life?
- Where am I putting not enough energy?
- Do I hide my emotions? Why?
- I need less of this in my life….
- What needs releasing?
- I am most proud of…..
- One thing I’ve always wished for is ..
- What needs healing?
- I am happiest when …
- What am I most grateful for in my life?
- 5 things I love doing are …
- What needs to be accepted?
- I will make today better by….
There you have it. 15 self discovery journal prompts for a new you.
Your Daily Journal
So where can you find the best daily journal to start these prompts?
Before you go one step further, you can grab this journal RIGHT HERE.
Yes, I have created one for you already.
This is a health, self-care journal. You can use the “Notes” pages at the end for the journaling prompts provided above.
As it relates to #10, there is a prompt for gratitude on each of the 90 days.
If you don’t like one that’s already dialed in for you, then here are more ideas…..
- Dayspring. Faith-based, and I love it!
- Etsy. Search “journal.”
- Field Notes.
- T.J. Maxx (in the search bar enter, “journal”)
- Simple Elephant Planner. I’m going to do a yearly planner post like this one for the New Year. This will be included on that list, too – I’m thinking I might get it! It’s a daily and weekly agenda for achieving goals and living happier. Gratitude, Mindmap, Vision Board, and Journal.
- Whitelines. This one can be combined with a digital version, too, in case you’d like that option.
If you have any journal prompts (or journals) that you’d like to share with us, please leave them in a comments section.
Pin + Share: